Would you consider taking your retirement overseas? Have you often fantasised about where you can travel, relax and move to? Where would you like to settle your retirement? Preferably where the hot weather is, right?
They’re many reasons for moving abroad, if you take into account the overall warmer weather, embracing new and different cultures, in some places it can be a cheaper way of every day to day living, exploring new foods to try.
Moving overseas for your retirement would be a dream come true, according to research from holiday home insurance company Schofields Ltd. More than half of people, 61% said life seems a better pace of life. 59% of people suggested the way of life is more affordable. Overall, 57% of people would contemplate moving across seas and settle their retirement.
Top places to move to
After updated research was found, it may appear surprising to see the following top places to move to:
- France –Known for romantic places to dine out, quality tasting wine and high in tourist attractions.
- Canada –Rated by the UN as the world’s best country to live in, the stunning views, friendly locals, incredible outdoor activities. Canadian schools statistically performed better than students from any other English speaking countries.
- New Zealand –Showcases breath taking views, is classed as at the top for people to gain the most experiences.
- Netherlands – Known for good quality of life, education and number one for job security.
- Canary Islands –Off the coast of Spain, solid weather temperatures with stunning views.
Travelling is an exciting part of life, it can be educational, visually breath taking, new languages to grasp and learn, new cultures and backgrounds and overall a once in a lifetime experience for anybody.
Ever considered the financial side to the move? Some places can be cheaper to live compared to the United Kingdom, this will be a smart move on your half as not only you’ll be benefiting from the hotter weather temperatures, but you’ll also save money from your every-day necessities from back home.
Most places in Spain and Greece have shown reduction in house prices. They’re more than 100,000 British pensioners, currently living in Spain, and the numbers are rise as time goes on.
Reasons were identified on why people wanted to move, more than half of people stated that life seems better pace of life. In some cases, life is more affordable compared to back home. New food and drink experiences to try, new culture, better weather and people liked the idea of walks on the beach alongside beautiful views and change of scenery.