Travelling abroad with your kids can be both fun and frustrating at times, especially if it is your first time to travel. This article will help you have a stress-free time during your trip abroad with the entire pack. And of course, less stress means more fun for you and the entire family.
So, planning a European trip with your family including your toddlers and kids? It sounds very stressful but there are ways especially preparation that you could do to make it more enjoyable without having yourself feeling too stressed out.
Here are some tips to bear in mind:
- Book your flights and accommodations ahead of time – it is indeed a must to book your flights ahead of time, but this is most especially true when you are travelling with your family including kids. You do not want them to wait for hours in the airport as this scenario will surely cause too much stress for everyone. So make sure to book your flights as well as hotel accommodations ahead of time. Waiting is something that you should avoid when you are with your little ones. Adults can be impatient much more kids who usually throw tantrums when they are stuck in one place for long period of time.
- Rent a car – it is also advisable to rent a car during your trip. If you are travelling to Scotland, then a car hire starting from Glasgow airport is a good idea. It will save you from stress of hailing a cab and it will make your transport a lot more convenient. It is also a good idea to rent a car so you can go from city to city easily. It is a lot more ideal and comfortable for the kids.
- Produce extra copies of important travel documents – before leaving, you must also secure extra copies of your travel documents like your passports, tickets, VISA, IDs and other stuff. This will be helpful when going around and will be a safety net in case you lose your things. Make sure to save a copy of your documents in your email inbox, too.
- Bring extra clothes and toys – children love to run around and play, so always bring extra clothes with you so they can change especially when they are sweaty. You should also bring some toys that will keep them busy and entertained during long travel hours or waiting period. You do not want your kids throwing tantrums in the plane or in a public place. If you are booked a car hire in Glasgow airport, it would be easy to carry these toys around.
- Bring a first aid kit – of course, you should also bring a first aid kit that contains medicines, alcohol, band aids and other stuff that will be helpful in case of emergency. Since you are visiting a foreign land, you might find it challenging to look for pharmacy so it is best to bring some basic medications with you.
Children are often very playful so it is another thing that you should consider when travelling with them most especially abroad. You should make sure to have them carry in their pocket a copy of your contact numbers or information in case they get lost or if an emergency happens.
Following the tips discussed in this post will allow you to enjoy more your vacation with your family. Fight stress by carefully planning your trip with all the necessary preparations, and now that you have a checklist, you must be ready for your first trip abroad with your entire family, including your toddlers.